Last Updated July 16, 2013
Please read this Policy carefully before submitting personal information about you to us.
Personal Information We Collect
At every touch point or guest interaction, and in conducting every aspect of our business, we may collect personal information. This personal information may include: your name and contact information, including physical address, email address and telephone number; information related to your reservation, stay or visit to a property; participation in a membership or loyalty program; purchase of products or services; personal characteristics, including date of birth, gender and nationality; passport number and date and place of issue; travel history; payment information; guest preferences; marketing preferences; dates of stay; preferred communication methods; business name, title and address; method of payment; credit card details, including the three or four digit CVV code; amount of charges for stays at properties; products and services received; reviews and opinions about our brands or properties (if they are identified or associated with you); frequent flyer or travel partner program affiliation and member number; hotel, airline and rental car packages booked; information needed to provide products or services; information provided on membership and account applications; information maintained in individual customer, Fast Reservation account profiles; and other types of information that you choose to provide to us. We may also record details on joint travellers, including their names and frequent flyer numbers, and the age of the driver of the rental car.
In addition we collect other personal information in certain cases, such as:
Surveys: We may request demographic data or other personal information in customer surveys.
- Social Media: If you choose to participate in Transatlantic Elite-sponsored social media activities or offerings, we may collect certain information from your social media account with your permission, such as location, check-ins, activities, interests, photos, status updates and friend list.
- Forward-to-a-Friend: From time to time, this site may offer a feature that allows you to send an electronic postcard or otherwise share a message with a friend. If you choose to do so, we will ask you for the recipient's name and email address, along with the text of any message you choose to include, or you may be able to use a pre-populated message. By using this feature, you warrant that you are entitled to use and provide us with the recipient's name and email address for this purpose.
Use of Personal Information Collected About You
We use your personal information to provide the services you request from Transatlantic Elite LLC, or which are part of a program you have joined or a purchase you have made, such as to facilitate: reservations, the purchase of a vacation package, the booking of airfares and rental cars, membership in Transatlantic Elite LLC Reward program, and other transactions. We also use the personal information to provide you with information about meeting and event planning and access to specific account information for administrative purposes. In addition, we may use the information to: improve Transatlantic Elites services; provide you with the expected level of service; ensure our products and services are of interest to you; and to process enrollments and applications. We also use the information to provide or offer you newsletters, promotions and featured specials, and to conduct surveys, sweepstakes, prize draws, and other contests online and via email, telephone, mobile / text messaging (including SMS and MMS) and postal mail.
How We Share Personal Information
As a global company, we endeavor to provide you with the same level of service that you have come to expect at Transatlantic Elite LLC whether you are in Los Angeles, London or Tokyo. To provide this service, we may share your personal information with other members of the Transatlantic Elite LLC Worldwide Portfolio, franchisees, service providers that may be located in countries outside of your own. Although the data protection laws of these various countries may not be as comprehensive as those in your own country, Transatlantic Elite LLC will take appropriate steps to ensure that your personal information is handled as described in this Policy.
- Electronic Billing Program: If you participate in the Electronic Billing program, billing information will be shared with the credit card provider and if you use a corporate credit card, possibly, your employer.
- Business Partners: From time to time we may partner with other companies to provide products or services and may share your information with our business partners to provide those products or services to you. For example, we may help to arrange rental car or other services from our business partners, and share personal information with our business partners in order to provide those services. We also may co-sponsor promotions, sweepstakes, prize draws, competitions or contests with other companies or we may provide prizes for sweepstakes and contests sponsored by other companies. If you enter one of these sweepstakes or contests, we may share your information with our co-sponsor or the third-party sponsor.
- Onsite Services: We may share personal information with providers of onsite services that provide services such as concierge services, spa treatments, golf, or dining experiences.
- Service Providers: We rely on service providers to provide certain products and services, such as to facilitate administrative functions and information technology operations, credit card billing, reservations services; processing credit card transactions, data hygiene and enhancement services; professional services such as accounting, auditing and legal advice; investigating accident reports; processing insurance claims; and administering sweepstakes, prize draws, competitions and customer surveys. Transatlantic Elite LLC will disclose personal information to service providers as appropriate.
- Business Transactions: As we develop our business, we might sell, buy, restructure or reorganize businesses or assets. In the event of a merger, consolidation, sale, liquidation or transfer of assets, Transatlantic Elite LLC may, in its sole and absolute discretion, transfer, sell or assign information collected, including without limitation, non-personal information and personal information, to one or more affiliated or unaffiliated third parties.
- Other: In addition, Transatlantic Elite LLC may disclose personal information, with or without prior notice to you, in order to: (i) comply with applicable laws, (ii) respond to governmental inquiries or requests from public authorities, (iii) comply with valid legal process, (iv) protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Transatlantic Elite LLC, guests, employees or the public, (v) permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain, (vi) enforce our websites' terms and conditions, and (vii) respond to an emergency.
Cookies and Other Technologies
When you visit and interact with this site, Transatlantic Elite LLC and third parties with whom Transatlantic Elite LLC has contracted to provide services to Transatlantic Elite LLC may collect non-personal information (for example, a catalog of the site pages you visit).
Our Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
As with many other sites, our site may use "cookies" or other technologies to help us deliver content specific to your interests, to process your reservations or requests, and/or to analyze your visiting patterns. Cookies, by themselves, cannot be used to disclose your individual identity. This information identifies your browser, but not you, to our servers when you visit our site. If you want to remove or block cookies at any time from your computer, you can update your browser settings (consult your browser's "help" menu to learn how to delete or block cookies).
We also may collect data by using "pixel tags," "web beacons," "clear GIFs" or similar means (collectively, "pixel tags") that allow us to know when you visit our site and to understand how you interact with our emails or advertisements. Through pixel tags, we obtain non-personal information or aggregate information (i.e., the domain name, the areas of the site you visit, your operating system, your browser version, and the URL you came from), which can be used to enhance your online experience and understand traffic patterns.
Because non-personal information does not personally identify you, we may use or disclose such information for any purpose. In some instances, we may combine non-personal information with personal information (such as embedding email addresses in cookies). If we do combine any non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated by us as personal information in accordance with this Policy.
Our Vendors' and Partners' Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also work with vendors and other partners to help deliver online and mobile advertisements for our products that we think may be of interest to you. Many of these advertisements are not targeted to you, but rather are placed on pages where we anticipate our target audience will visit frequently.
Some of our advertisements delivered for us by these vendors and other partners may be based on your online behaviors (e.g., on Transatlantic Elite LLC sites and other third party sites), your search activity, or your general geographic location (such as whether your Wi-Fi network indicates that you are in an airport). These ads may appear on our own sites or on third-party websites. You may also see advertisements for third parties on other websites based on your visits to Transatlantic Elite LLC’s sites and other sites.
Also, if you search for a hotel reservation or another service reservation on a Transatlantic Elite LLC site, you may see an advertisement from a third party for a related or similar offer to that for which you were searching on the Transatlantic Elite LLC’s site.
For example, if you have visited the home page or the booking page for one of our offered services but not actually booked a service, or if you have searched for a specific term (such as location or dates of stay), our vendors, acting on our behalf, may deliver an advertisement to you for that property or based on that search term. We also engage vendors to deliver online advertisements to consumers whose online behaviors on sites other than our own sites indicate that they may be interested in travel, or to help us deliver advertisements to consumers based on their publicly available social networking information. For example, if we know that you have stayed with us before, we may, through our vendors, deliver an online advertisement to you or your social networking friends. Some of our vendors may use anonymous data, such as demographic data, received from third parties to assist in the delivery of our advertisements to you.
The term "sensitive information" refers to information related to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership. We do not generally collect sensitive information unless you volunteer it. We may use health data provided by you exclusively to serve you better and meet your particular needs.
Personal Information From Children
Except where required by local laws, we do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 15 years of age. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not to allow your children to submit personal information without your permission.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Our site and our mobile applications may contain links to third parties' websites. Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, use, maintenance, sharing, or disclosure of data and information by such third parties.
Protecting Personal Information
Transatlantic Elite LLC will take appropriate measures to: (i) protect personal information collected against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction, and (ii) keep personal information accurate and up-to-date, consistent with applicable law. We also seek to require our affiliates and service providers with which we share personal information to exercise reasonable efforts to maintain the confidentiality of personal information about you. For online transactions, we use technology to protect the personal information that you transmit to us via our site. Unfortunately, however, no security system or system of transmitting data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure.
For your own privacy protection, we encourage you not to include sensitive personal information in any emails you may send to us. Please do not send credit card numbers or any sensitive personal information to us via email.
We will not contact you by mobile / text messaging or email to ask for your confidential personal information or credit card details. We will only ask for your confidential personal information or credit card details by telephone when you are booking a reservation or promotional package by telephone. We will not contact you to ask for your Transatlantic Elite LLC account login information. If you receive this type of request, you should not respond to it. We also ask that you please notify us at email@example.com.
To the extent required by applicable law, you may be able to request that we inform you about the personal information we maintain about you and, where appropriate, request that we update, correct and/or suppress personal information about you that we maintain in our active database. We will make all required updates and changes within the time specified by the applicable law and, where permitted by law, may charge an appropriate fee to cover the costs of responding to the request. Such requests must be submitted in writing to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org To protect your confidentiality, we can only respond to such requests to the email address that you have registered or otherwise provided to us. Please remember that if you make such a request, we may not be able to provide you with the same quality and variety of services to which you are accustomed.
Retaining Personal Information
We retain personal information about you for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law.
Choices - Marketing Communications
If you have given us your contact information (mail address, fax number, email address or phone number), we may want to inform you about our products and services or invite you to events by email, telephone, mobile / text messaging (including SMS and MMS) or post.
We may modify this Policy from time to time. When we make material changes to this policy we will post a link to the revised policy on the homepage of our site. You can tell when this Policy was last updated by looking at the link and at the date at the top of the Policy. Any changes to our Policy will become effective upon posting of the revised Policy on the site. Use of the site following such changes constitutes your acceptance of the revised Policy then in effect.
If you have any questions about this Policy or how Transatlantic Elite LLC processes your personal information, please contact us by email to email@example.com.